CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Kevin Costner

I was reading an article on yahoo news today about the worst movie flops of all time. Their list was pretty comprehensive with movies I've never heard or, movies I wish I had never heard of and the occasional movie I never finished. I agreed with all of their choices for the most part, I mean Wild Wild West with Will Smith, what a waste of the 110 minutes I watched hoping it would get a little better and be worth my time. And I will admit that I chose not to finish Planet of the Apes (2001) and SpeedRacer, since the crappy reviews began proving true shortly into the film, but completely trashing Kevin Costner. Sure the movies Waterworld and The Postman were not the blockbuster movies of the year and they weren't even critically acclaimed or respected in Hollywood, but I will admit to having watched both of these movies at least 10 times and Waterworld at least 100. I love Waterworld, it comes on TNT just about every weekend and I watch it at least once a month. When I was younger I had a recurring dream about a shark filled water park that I am pretty sure stemmed from Waterworld.

So really is it right to bash Kevin Costner for making a few so-so movies. I don't think so. I would recognize him from these so-so movies. He has claimed his place in my heart as The Mariner. I don't think the choice to star in one of the most frequently played movies (at least on cable TV) was a bad career move on his part. If you want to pick on someone I don't know how about Pauly Shore.

0 comments: