CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

One Day Without Shoes

I ran across this event and decided that this was something I wanted to participate in. As a college student I don't have a lot of spare cash that I can use to help a cause. But I do have time and I also can make a statement with myself, my home or my clothes.

Tomorrow I will not wear shoes (except for work, I can't afford to get fired for refusing to wear shoes). I will shop shoeless and I will go to school shoeless and I will do everything else shoeless. It makes me sad that children all over the world are so impoverished that they do not have shoes to wear. Shoes to protect their feet when they are forced to walk miles for food, shelter, school, or medical treatment. Shoes that can prevent cuts which subsequently get infected.

The website for the event is http://www.tomsshoes.com/content.asp?tid=284. There is more information about the dangers of wearing no shoes, as well as about the event and ways you can help.

0 comments: