CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Diary of Splendid Proportions

School is back in session, I am not sure yet how I feel about the future of the semester. I know that the bulk of my free time is going to be spent with my nose buried in a book. Nothing strange there except that none of these books are ones I have chosen myself and most of them are of little or no interest to me. And when I am not reading I will be writing fiction stories for my Advanced Fiction Writing Class. I have discovered a new love of writing this year, a love that suprises me since I have always written but usually reports or about things I did not make up. I am a good writer, not a great writer but sufficient. I have always had the urge to create beauty, to make something artistic and wonderful. I always believed that this would be in the form of painting, sculpture, sewing, drawing, physical tangible viewable pieces of art. But that is not where my apptitude lies. My apptitude lies in words, in story telling. It took me twenty two years to realize that skills and talents that I had naturally come by could in fact establish me as a writer an artist of words. So basically I am looking forward to throwing down some crazy good stories in the next few months.

On a more personal note, my baby Darwin is no longer able to procreate. I saved up money and I got him fixed. It truly terrified me since the last time I took one of my beloved pets to the vet to be fixed the vet used to much anethesia and killed him. I was so afraid my little Darwin would not be coming home after his surgery. For days before his appointment I was so afraid to take him, I would tear up every time he cuddled up next to me sweetly. I would feel sick whenever the thought of leaving him with the vet to let him die would cross my mind. But he is home safe and sound as of 8 this morning. He is still in alot of pain and I have to watch him very carefully so he doesn't jump aroud or stretch his sutures. I am still very fearful that he might feel sick or hurt himself but as long as I watch him closely he should be fine.

0 comments: