CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Desperately Seeking Employment

I despise my job. Since I make minimum wage, I know I cannot make any less. If the economy wasn't in such a hole I would have ditched about of my job months ago since it is so freaking bad. I doubt if I will hold onto my job much longer regardless. As hard as I try to hide my utter hate of walking through those automatic doors into my own living hell. I think it may be bleeding through. I am still nice to the people that walk through those doors looking to spend their hard earned cash. I used to be one of them. But I think that some of my co-workers who have worked there for like a million years are starting to realize just how much I wish I didn't have to be there. I don't go there to entertain myself, in fact I will admit to dreading the days I have to work. And eight hour shifts basically feel like I am being crushed inside a compactor. Enough about my distaste for my job. I do hate it, so what. Lots of people hate their jobs and just like me they stick it out because without that trickle of money coming in they wouldn't be able to make ends meet or feed themselves or their families, so we stick t out.

I have put in at least 50 job applications all over Fresno and Clovis and even out into Madera. In fields ranging from Food service, customer service, to hospital work. But nothing has hit. This economy sucks and the sad thing is that even as it gets better we are still going to have to stick it out and wait until people are not as afraid of the economic downturn. Because if I was an employer I wouldn't hire anybody until we as a nation were well out of recession. Plus corporations or government jobs aren't going to be hiring until bureaucracy warrants enough economic expansion to allow for the freeze to be removed. I can't wait until that day comes. I want no I need to be back in the medical world. I need to love my job, I need to want to work and to go home satisfied with my contribution to the world through my employment.

0 comments: