CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Home Sweet Fresno





So I moved into my house on August 28th. There was a lot of work to be done, but with the help of my family we made a large dent in the workload. Sunday night my dad and brother headed home, (Dove season began Monday morning and they didn't want to miss the first hunt). My mom and I continued working all day Monday and I dropped her off at the train station on Monday night. Sleeping posed a problem the first few nights in the house, but slowly I am becoming more and more able to fall asleep. I still sleep with my dads pistol on the night stand but that will go away eventually.


As for school, I pretty much love it. There is an energy on campus that I havn't felt at any other school I've attended. Its like you know you're there for learning but you can feel that a spontaneous explosion of fun could be just around the next corner. Like yesterday, Best Buy came with their Guitar Hero motor coach and they had a competition all day long. Random but tons of fun to watch and listen to. Not to mention the million other cool things going on. Last week the Ag program came and sold organic healthy home(school) grown snacks. And this Saturday I am going to watch the Football game with some of my new friends. Its supposed to be one of the best Football games this year, aside from the game against UCLA which I also have tickets to.


My classes are pretty good. I am taking Ceramics, Creative Fiction Writing, Philosophy of Tolkien, and Microbial Physiology. I love my ceramics class but its so obvious my lack of creative skills, but I try and I enjoy doing it so I make it work. My Philosophy class should be the most fun, interesting class I have but the teacher brings that down with his lack of self confidence and his fear of public speaking, plus he was born a major nerd and it bled through into his adulthood. My Fiction writing class stinks in that I looked forward to writing fantasy fiction and the teacher only allows us to write literary fiction. But I enjoy writing so it could be worse. Now my microbial physiology class is interesting to say the least. The teacher is a Korean national with a heavy accent, making it nearly impossible at times to understand him. Plus its his first semester teaching this class, so he is feeling his way through it all. I think I will survive though, I have a great lab group and its a small class so we all talk about our questions and confusions before class begins.


I love living in Fresno and didn't realize how much until I went back home for the weekend. I love my family, that is for sure but they are stressful. My brother is at that age where he is basically a pain in the ass and my parents have to fight with him alot to get him to do anything. I remember going through this when I was that old. Anyways the yelling makes me cringe and I'm sure there are physiological responses too. Its just not healthy to have that kind of environment. I do wish I lived with someone right now though. Its too quiet and it gets lonely sometimes.


But I guess I am offically a resident of Fresno for the long haul. This house belongs to my family and it was purchased expressly for me. Its a little scary, I am stuck in Fresno for a least a few years if not longer. That means going home only as a visitor, and my brother makes that very obvious when I speak to him. Good thing I love my house. Come visit me already.

0 comments: